Keep Your Home Healthy and Clean During Quarantine
With stay-at-home orders in place across Indiana and much of the country, we are spending virtually all of our time quarantined in our home with our whole family. Cleaning your home is always important, but extra steps should be taken to make sure we are keeping our home a healthy place to live during these extraordinary circumstances. Here are a few tips:
- Run the sanitizing cycle on your dishwasher, dryer and washer
- Many newer machines offer a sanitize option that runs the hottest water possible through the machine to kill bacteria. While normally meant to kill odors, the hot water is a great way to protect against germs as well.
- Pay extra attention to the bathroom
- Its likely that the bathrooms in your home are getting more of a workout than they are used to with the whole family being home every day. Wipe down all surfaces with disinfecting wipes as frequently as possible and make sure to wash all towels more frequently.
- Clean door handles and other surfaces throughout the home
- Door handles are something that we tend to forget when cleaning our homes. During these times, this is an extra important step to insuring you have a good home. Grab a paper towel and disinfectant spray and take a quick pass through the home. It doesn’t take long at all!
- Wipe down packages, mail and groceries
- Before you bring your Amazon package, mail or groceries into your home, think about all of the people that have potentially touched them! The coronavirus can live on surfaces for days and its extra important to wipe down these items before bringing them into your home.
What are your best tips? While the real estate business continues to move along, our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the virus. We hope that everyone stays healthy and life can return to normal sooner than later!