Should you sell your house now?
It might be time to come out of the basement!
With rising prices and inventories being at record lows, new opportunities are happening for sellers. We are even seeing multiple offers for the same property. It seems the consumer confidence and low mortgage rates have buyers taking advantage.
If you are thinking of selling, don’t wait for the “Spring” market, there may not be a better time than now. If your home is updated, shows well and is priced right, it is going to sell.
- Contact an agent
- Assess the market conditions in your area – Have you agent do a CMA on your home
- Keep today’s market in sight – Focus on what you can sell for today, not in the past. Remember the sellers of the home you are going to buy are in the same situation
- Don’t overprice – Your first instinct might be to price your home high since the inventory is low. You might have a better outcome if you price it right on the market, you might get competition and drive the price up.
- Make sure you are getting the internet exposure you deserve. Most home buyers are starting their home search online. Tell a story with your photos, price on a round number, that way your home will get better exposure. For instance, if you price at $400,000, you will capture those searching $350,000 – $400,000 and also those searching $400,000 - $450,000. If you priced at $399,900 you have missed those searching the high price range
- If you get more than one offer, don’t just focus on the price, take all terms into consideration.
- Leave a list of improvements for the appraiser.