All times listed are for Friday, October 31, unless otherwise noted.
Avon: 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
Bloomington: The Indiana University men’s basketball program will hold its first ever “Haunted Hall of Hoops” on Halloween Night in Assembly Hall. Doors open at 7:00 PM The Hoosiers will pass out candy and be available for autographs until 7:30 PM. The team will then scrimmage and a costume parade for children will be held at halftime of the scrimmage.
Brownsburg: 5:30 to 9:00 PM.
Carmel: 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Clay Terrace (Carmel): 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Danville: 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
Fishers: 5:00 to 8:00 PM. Also, Trick or treat at Town Hall and Police and Fire Department headquarters from 2:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and should bring their own candy bag. Town staff will be dressed in costumes for the event. Fishers Town Hall is located at One Municipal Drive, Fishers, IN 46038. Fire Headquarters is located at Two Municipal Drive and Police Headquarters is at Four Municipal Drive.
Greenfield: 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
Greenwood: 6:00 to 8:30 PM.
Indianapolis: The recommended hours for trick-or-treating this year are from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Halloween night. During your nocturnal travels, please stop by the following IMPD District Headquarters for a treat from your neighborhood scary-cops:
• North District, 3120 E 30th Street
• Southeast District, 1150 S Shelby Street
• Southwest District, 551 N King Street
Other Indianapolis events: Join Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. and NUVO at White River State Park for a night-time tree planting and Halloween fest on Halloween Night, Friday, October 31st, starting at 10:00 PM!
• Planting 20 trees (cause a party wouldn’t be a party without planting some trees)
• Music from local bands Creepin’ Charley and the Boneyard Orchestra, Ensemble 48, and DJ Kyle Long. In addition, Ensemble 48 will be playing to the 1920’s vampire film, Nosferatu, on an outdoor screen!
• Bonfire, spiced cider, chili and more …
Costumes are highly encouraged. Costume prizes will be awarded.
McCordsville: 5:30 to 8:30 PM.
Mooresville: 6:30 to 9:00 PM.
Noblesville: 5:00 to 8:00 PM.
Plainfield: 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
Westfield: 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
Zionsville: 5:30 to 8:30 PM.
Halloween safety tips from IMPD:
To assure that Halloween is not only fun, but safe as well, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department would like to provide the community with several good safety tips:
- Travel in a group while trick-or-treating.
- The best time-to-trick or treat is before dark.
- If trick-or-treating at night, make sure your trick-or-treaters are carrying flashlights.
- Visibility should not be limited while wearing a costume mask.
- Costumes should be visible when wearing them in the dark.
- Stay on the sidewalks and cross only at the crosswalk.
- Children should never enter a home while trick-or-treating. This would also include screened in porches and in-closed patios.
- Carry a cell phone for emergencies.
- Adults should inspect all candy before allowing anyone to eat it.
- Discard any opened or unwrapped treats.
- Motorists, please do not exceed 20 MPH in neighborhoods this Halloween, regardless of the posted speed limit.