Under the new Neighborhood Stabilization Program, Hoosiers may now be eligible for a $15,000 grant. The requirements are:
- The money must be used for repairs, downpayment or closing costs
- You have to stay in the home for a minimum of 3 years
- The purchase must be for a primary residence
- There are income requirements also
- Funds may not be available in all parts of Indiana
Indiana will be receiving more than $83 million with $29 million of that allocated to Marion County.
These homes are not always in bad condition or in bad areas, there are some very nice foreclosed homes and this is a great opportunity for you to do your part to revitalize a neighborhood! If you have always thought about purchasing a foreclosed home but the repairs scared you, this may be your answer. Call a Realtor, Call a lender and get the process started!!
For more information click on the links below:
Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority
Indiana Mortgage Bankers Association
Kim Carpenter “Kimsellsindy.com” – Geist/Indianapolis Real Estate Agent
Keller Williams Realty Indy Metro NE
Geist/Indianapolis IN Real Estate Website