Your search results
First Time Homebuyer tips
Being a first time home buyer can be a scary proposition but if you make yourself an informed buyer the process can make your dreams come true!
- Find a lender you feel comfortable with and get preapproved. Don’t just use the first lender you speak to, make sure you are comfortable with them and that you shop around to compare fees.
- Work with a real estate agent who is highly recommended and who works in the area you are searching in. Ask for references and meet with them in person before committing to work with them.
- Make sure you are ready to be a home owner, make sure you consider maintenance costs into your budget and that the home you are buying will suite your needs for several years.
- Educate yourself on the buying process and also on the area in which you are looking.
- Stay within your budget when looking, the worst thing you can do it look outside your budget because then the homes in your budget don’t look so good anymore.
- Take your time! This is the largest investment you make in your life, don’t let anyone rush you into buying.
Buying your first home should be a very exciting time in your life! Don’t let anyone or anything spoil that for you!